My collection of Apple CD and DVD media includes operating systems, applications, software collections that shipped with devices, promotional media, diagnostic tools, and educational content. In general, Apple-branded CD or DVD examples in original packaging have been presented separately, while single discs or collections of discs are presented chronologically.
Apple CDs and DVDs from 2004 include:
- Mac OS X Panther Version 10.3 Install Disc 1 (Version 10.3.2, 2Z691-4822-A, 2004)
- GarageBand Jam Pack Install DVD (Version 1.0, 0Z691-4803-A, 2004)
- Power Mac G5 Software Install and Restore 1 of 2 (Mac OS version 10.3.2, AHT version 2.1.1, DVD version 1.0, 691-4898-A, 2004)
- Mac OS X Xcode Tools Install Disc (Requires Mac OS X v10.3 or later, Version 1.1, 691-5062-A, 2004)
- Software Bundle (603-4916-A, PowerBook Media, 2004)
- Software Bundle (603-4953-A, iBook G4 Media, 2004)
- iWork ’05 Install DVD (iWork 1.0, 1Z691-5084-A, 2004)
- Final Cut Express HD Install (Version 3.0, 0Z691-5199-A, 2004)
- iLife ’05 Install DVD iPhoto 5, iMovie HD, iDVD 5, GarageBand 2, iTunes 4.7 for systems with a DVD drive (Version 5.0, 2Z691-5171-A) (unopened bundle: 603-6443-A iLife ’05 CPU Mini Drop-In Kit, 2004)
Apple shipped CD bundles in cardboard envelope packages up until 2003 when they began using clear plastic bags. In 2004, they were using both types of packaging. The examples here show a white cardboard envelope with a light gray Apple logo and a clear plastic software bundle package.
Also note that by 2004 Apple has mostly switched to using the Myriad Apple font for products, but the Apple Garamond font is still appearing in rare situations.